Hot Tools 2 " Professional Crimper (#1191)

Hot Tools 2 ' Professional CrimperThe Hot Tools Hair Crimper heats up fast and has several heat settings to choose from, depending on the thickness and texture of your hair. There is a long "swivel" cord for ease of movement, and small finger indentations on the ends of the plates so you can apply additional pressure if desired. The main drawback to this crimper is the metal crimping plates are exposed on the sides of the crimper the sides get very hot which makes it easy to burn your skin or scalp if you are not careful.

1. I purchased this a few weeks ago for $27.50. Now I see the price has gone down to $21.50. However, I got free amazon shipping and that appears to no longer be an option, so I guess everything evens out.

2. As at least one other reviewer said, this does SEEM to burn your hair. In contrast, I use a 3-barrel iron that will blister my skin with one split-second slip, and yet I can leave it in my hair for 45 seconds with no burning smell. It makes me wonder is there some kind of coating on this crimper that creates the burning smell, and I only THINK it's burnt hair? The second time I used it, my hair smelled burnt all day. I was afraid that when I washed the crimps out I would discover that my hair was totally damaged but to my surprise it appeared OK. I do have some breakage but I can't be sure it was the crimper.

3. As another reviewer said, the metal plates are not covered on the sides, and so you can easily burn your scalp when crimping close to your head. Since the sides of the crimper don't actually crimp your hair, why aren't they covered in the black protective stuff? I see this as something the manufacturer might want to correct. Which leads me to #4...

4. Don't expect this to stand straight on your bathroom counter top it won't. It will roll onto its side where the hot metal plates are exposed and possibly burn that too.

5. I'm not real fond of handle, having to push and hold it hard to close the crimper. I think I'd prefer the style where the whole thing opens and closes like a straightening iron does. This crimper makes my hand/thumb ache after only a short time.

6. Despite all the things I would change about this iron, I like the crimps, and I get compliments when I use it. Would I get this crimper again? No. But I'd still get a crimper this is my first, and it's a fun style.

I hope this helps all crimpers-to-be in the world :)

Buy Hot Tools 2 " Professional Crimper (#1191) Now

My daughter is 14 and received this as a Christmas gift. She used it within hours of opening it, and loved it. It heats nicely and crimps beautifully. Good purchase!

Read Best Reviews of Hot Tools 2 " Professional Crimper (#1191) Here

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. Ha but I'm pretty sure everybody else hates it, because most of my friends and family are giving me that scrunched up face look when I show them my hair. It's MINI CRIMPS, so it's going to look a bit frizzy but you'll get tons of volume, for someone like me who has tons of thick hair, yet very flat and boring when straightened, this is so much fun. I was hoping to get a different brand with even tinier crimps, but I wanted this one because I noticed an extra handle that made it easier to squeeze and press the hair hard (my old crimper would really cramp up my hands from trying to squeeze so hard). The knob that allows me to adjust the heat setting is really useful since I have such thick hair, I can get it really hot (I burned my ear today... be careful). However there is a problem when I'm using it somehow the on/off switch keeps getting pushed back to off but I don't notice and it starts to cool off and stops working... gets annoying and often ruins the look on certain sections.

Overall this is exactly what I was looking for, and I'm having tons of fun using it.

Want Hot Tools 2 " Professional Crimper (#1191) Discount?

I love this crimper. It heats up faster and hotter than my previous one, and it has a dial if you don't want it very hot. The crimps are bigger than if you would buy a smaller one, but it is still very noticeably crimped. One review said it would be easy to burn your scalp, but I don't think so, unless you have it on the hottest setting. Usually I feel it getting warm on my scalp and I just unclamp it. You also DON'T have to hold it on for a long time like another review said, it is fairly quick!

Save 44% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment