Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord

Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable CordThis is the only ceramic, ionic blow dryer with a retractable cord that I could find on the market and I am very pleased with it. My fiance loves it because the cord doesn't get tangled or clutter up the bathroom counter. I love it because it's a great size and performs well-drying hair very quickly. The only reason I hesitated from giving it 5 stars is that it is a bit heavy (because of the ceramic core, I suppose). Lastly I think the product could be improved with a more ergonomic handle.

I recently got to try this hair dryer in a Marriott hotel and was pleasantly surprised. At home I had the Sharper image 1875W quiet Ionic hair dryer and this is what I am comparing it to. I went thru two of the Sharper images ones (first one broke) which are much more expensive and my biggest complaint always was that it scorched my head.

Problems gone since I bought this. It is an awesome hair dryer. It lays in your hands comfortably, is sturdy and stores away in a breeze as it folds in the middle, plus you can retract the cord. On top of that it does not scorch or burn your head and also has the cool air feature (same as the Sharper Image) and my hair comes out nice, soft and never frizzy. At a price between $18 and $22 this is the hair dryer to buy. I did, and only wish I had known about this hair dryer earlier. I highly recommend it.

Update on 9/26/2009: Almost 3 years later we're still on the same hair dryer. The cord needs a little help to retract but nothing has given up on it yet. It has been dropped a few times too. For the price that is excellent and we have purchased a second unit for our other bathroom. Much better than the Sharper image version which is way more expensive, scorches your head and won't last long.

Buy Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord Now

I eagerly snapped up this ionic hair dryer about over a year ago because of it's retractable cord and folding capabilities. Even the price was attractive. It really did take up little room in my bathroom drawer and the retractable cord was a plus. I thought I had the perfect blow dryer because it did what it was supposed to do and quickly. Now for the bad news: the retractable cord became chewed up and frayed after daily use and it became apparent that the cord was ultimately going to fray completely in due time. Then, the folding handle, low and behold, broke in half one morning. (Of course, the warranty had long expired). This dryer is too fragile to consider using on a daily basis and I consider myself a careful person when it comes to handling small appliances such as hair dryers. When I've replaced hair dryers in the past, it was been because they've simply reached the end of their lifespans and burned out. I'd caution anyone to consider this before buying because these 2 features alone, while very appealing, can shorten an otherwise good hairdryer's lifespan. I've now purchased a T3 Tourmaline (a featherweight, quiet hairdryer with no retractable cord or folding handle) which seems to work just fine and appears to have a much longer lifespan.

Read Best Reviews of Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord Here

I think this dryer is a great deal for the money, especially with the added features of the retractable cord, folding handle and multiple speed settings. This was my first ionic/ceramic hair dryer and I was not disappointed. There is a real difference from the old style dryers namely the air coming out is not as hot yet it dries in about the same amount of time or less. While I haven't tried it yet during the humid summer months when my hair frizzes out, right now my hair is unbelievably smooth after drying. I like to use this dryer with my Solia straightener which is also takes away every ounce of frizz. Where were these amazing hair products when I was a teenager??

Want Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord Discount?

Pros:

1. This blow dryer is great for the price. Just don't expect a $100+ ionic dryer. You get a nice $18 dryer for $18 simple.

2. Nice looking, sleek design, with retractable cord. This is not a compact dryer for travel it should be considered more of a "mid-size".

Cons:

1. Retractable cord is quite short, which could be a problem if your outlet is not very close by.

2. Very loud! I saw others complain about this, and now I know what they mean. It's loud.

3. The retractable cord failed to retract after a couple of uses. This is disappointing considering it was a major factor in my purchase.

Bottom Line:

Does it dry hair quickly and make it smooth and silky?? No more than any other dryer. It's a nice, inexpensive, blow dryer, but I personally would not purchase it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment