Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch

Revlon Straightener - 1 InchI bought this item a week ago. I've used it about 4 times since then. This morning while straightening my hair I heard a pop... then several more... The straightener sparked, smoked and caught fire! Please don't buy this dangerous product!

I have had multiple hair straighteners. This is the best so far...

PROS

It has lasted about a year (so far)

It DOES straighten hair well

Works lovely for melting kanekalon hair (braid in extensions, dread extensions)

gets hot VERY fastI only wait a minute for it to heat to the highest temp setting

30 different temperature settings (on a spin dialeasy to control, and won't get knocked around or bumped with fingers!)

I use it every day, so it doesn't damage hair as much as many others do

Good price for the product

Hasn't failed me yetI travel with this straightener (on airplanes), use it daily with many products, have dropped it countless times, melted hot plastic (kanekalon) on it (which didn't leave a mark!), and many more things...

leaves good curls, if you decide to curl your hair

can straighten expensive hair extensions on the lower settings (1-5), just be careful with 2 thingsnot synthetic hair, and watch the tipsthey will prob. need some product

DOESN'T fade brightly dyed hair (not enough to notice, anyways...)

CONS

sometimes snags hair

you will need to clean it often if you decide to use lots of productsleave in conditioner, heat protectant, gels, creams, hair spray....

the plates do chip a bit, but only after daily use for a long period of time (2-3 years for me, used daily)

leaves my tips split if I don't use a quality heat protectant (duhh)

sometimes needs touch-ups during the daymy longer hair tends to get slightly wavy at the ends nearing the end of schoolthats 8 hours though, including gym...(cut my hair a bit, doesn't happen anymore :D)

*edit: After more than 2-3 years of constant use, it has finally started to wear out, sadly. I love it so much, and can't wait to buy a new one. This has been the best straightener I have used... :D

*edit: So I decided to buy a different straightener, and will just take this one on trips. I bought a Solia 1 1/4 inch and It works better, but this is a ton less money. But if you do have a some money (less than 100$), you should buy the Solia.

Buy Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch Now

It heats up nice and pretty fast. but it shuts up if you dont use it and it does that too fast. i only had it for about a year now and its already time for a new one.

Read Best Reviews of Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch Here

This is the second flat iron that I have owned. The first was much more expensive and I like this one much more. It works well for my semi curly/frizzy hair. Favorite part is the heat resistant storage pad saves my counter tops form scorching as I just set it on the pad. The pad is also nice to store it in as it keeps the cord neatly in place when storing the iron.

Want Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch Discount?

This item was recommended to me by a stylist in the beauty supply store/salon who said she had owned one herself and loved it. Excited to use it for the first time, I plugged it in this morning and per the instructions, set it to a low setting (the dial goes to 30 I set it at 5) and let it heat up while brushing my teeth. Within 30 seconds, I started smelling an awful smell and looked down to see the flat iron smoking. The blades had gotten so hot that they melted their own housing. I don't know if this is a malfunction just on the one iron I happened to pick out, or a commonly reported problem with this product but mine is definitely not usable, and I will be forced to return it to the store (unfortunately 40 miles away) as soon as possible. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment